On May 25, a Cranford man reported that he was robbed while walking north on Birchwood Avenue.
Acording to a press release from the Cranford Police Department, the 46-year-old man reported that he was walking towards Orange Avenue at about 5 p.m. when a Chrysler Sebring convertible, occupied by two Hispanic males, pulled in front of him and stopped. The passenger exited the vehicle and brandished a small black handgun, ordering the victim to surrender his backpack.
According to police, the armed suspect made off with more than $500 in cash, an MP3 player,= and portable speakers.
The armed suspect is described as an Hispanic male with dark short hair, possibly a “buzz cut,” wearing a blue T-shirt. The driver was described as a Hispanic male in his mid-20s, wearing a green baseball cap and a black shirt. The vehicle color was described as “iridescent” and the convertible top was black; no license plate was observed.
The suspects fled south on Birchwood Avenue towards Bloomingdale Avenue. Police are requesting that anyone with information on this incident, or that may have seen the vehicle or occupants, contact Detective John Swandrak at 908-709-7345.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Are You in Favor of a "One-Seat" Ride from Cranford to NYC?
- UPDATE: Police Searching For Internet Celeb 'Kai the Hatchet-Wielding Hitchhiker' in Clark Homicide
- SOLD! Willow Street Home Sells For $510K
- Open Houses: Oak Lane Colonial Listed for $419,000
- Cranford Man Moves onto U.S Open Sectional Qualifying Round