Cranford PD: Winter Weather Advisory in Effect Until 4p.m.
Hazardous Travel is expected according to a National Weather Service alert.
The Cranford Police are advising residents to be careful on the roads today and released a Nixle alert this morning regarding a winter weather advisory that's in place until 4p.m.
Here is the text of the alert, which repeats information released from the National Weather Service:
Winter Weather Advisory until 4pm. Roadways are covered in ice and slush this morning. Please drive carefully.
From the National Weather Service, NY
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...
* LOCATIONS... PORTIONS OF THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY OF NEW YORK... NORTHEASTERN NEW JERSEY AND SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT.
* HAZARD TYPES... SNOW... SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.
* ACCUMULATIONS... ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF UP TO 1 INCH... ALONG WITH A TENTH TO UP TO A QUARTER OF AN INCH OF ICE.
* TEMPERATURES... IN THE LOWER 30S.
* TIMING... SNOW... SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN WILL TRANSITION TO MAINLY FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET BEFORE TAPERING OFF LATER THIS MORNING INTO THE AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS... HAZARDOUS TRAVEL IS EXPECTED... ESPECIALLY DURING THE MORNING COMMUTE. ANY HEAVIER ICE ACCUMULATIONS COULD DOWN POWER LINES AND TREE LIMBS LOCALLY.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW... SLEET... OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING