Heavy Smoke Condition Reported in Basement Of Building On Walnut Avenue
Firefighters are on the scene.
Cranford firefighters are on the scene of a reported smoke condition in the basement of a multi-unit office building located at 750 Walnut Ave.
According to unofficial reports, the call was received at about 3:03 p.m. today. Arriving units immediately requested additional manpower as they worked to locate the cause of the condition.
Fire crews on the scene determined that the source of the heavy smoke is an overheated motor in the basement of the building.
No injuries or significant damage have been reported. Firefighters are ventilating the structure to eliminate the smoke. Patch will update the story if the situation escalates or if additional information becomes available.