Police Blotter: Cranford Police Make Arrests For Drugs, DWI
The following information was submitted by the Cranford Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 6:32 p.m., Cranford Police Officer John Rattigan stopped a 1995 Toyota in the area of John Street and North Avenue when he observed the driver not wearing a seatbelt. During the stop, Officer Rattigan detected an odor of burnt marijuana emanating from the interior of the vehicle. Following a brief investigation at the scene, Officer Rattigan arrested and charged the passenger, Ramon Then, 20, of Paterson with possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana and possession of CDs paraphernalia. Then was released with Court proceedings pending.
- At 3:13 a.m., Officer Brian Wagner responded to the report of a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Raritan Road and Centennial Avenue in Cranford. Upon arrival at the scene, Officer Wagner reported a single vehicle accident that knocked down a traffic signal. After an on scene investigation Officer Wagner arrested the driver of the vehicle, Lisa M. Forstenhausler, 26, of Winfield, for driving while intoxicated and careless driving. Forstenhausler was released with Municipal Court proceedings pending.
- At 11:46 p.m., while patrolling the area of High and Hickory streets, Officer Steven D’Ambola observed a suspicious individual operating a 2008 Lexus. After a brief on scene investigation, Officer D’Ambola arrested the driver, Irina Artemov, 51, of Garwood for driving while intoxicated. During processing at Police Headquarters, Artemov refused to submit to a breath test. Artemov was arrested for driving while intoxicated and refusal to submit breath samples. She was released with Municipal Court proceedings pending.
- At 2:16 a.m., Officer Robert Jordan stopped a 2001 Saab in the area of South and Lincoln avenues for traveling at a very slow pace. After an on-scene investigation, Officer Jordan arrested and charged the driver, Ryan M. Bowron, 36, of Roselle Park, with driving while intoxicated. Bowron was also issued motor vehicle summonses for delaying traffic and failure to wear a seatbelt. Bowron was released with Municipal Court proceedings pending.
- At 12:58 a.m., Sgt. Eugene Perrotta stopped a 1995 Honda Accord for driving the wrong way into Municipal Parking Lot 5, parking lot behind the Municipal Building at 8 Springfield Ave. After a brief on scene investigation, it was determined that the passenger in the vehicle, Jessica K. DeJesus, 23, of Perth Amboy, had a no-bail warrant out of Union County and a $500 traffic warrant out of Linden. DeJesus was placed under arrest. Further investigation revealed that DeJesus was in possession of a prescription drug and a hypodermic syringe. DeJesus was turned over to the Linden Police with Court proceedings pending.
- At 3:05 a.m., Officer Brian Wagner stopped a 2005 Dodge, Durango in the area of Centennial Avenue and the the Garden State Parkway 136 exchange for making an illegal turn. After a brief on scene investigation Officer Wagner arrested and charged the driver, Alexander Figueroa, 46, of Springfied, Va., for driving while intoxicated. Figueroa was also issued a motor vehicle summonses for making an improper turn. During processing at Police Headquarters, Figueroa refused to submit to a breath test. Figueroa was released with Municipal Court proceedings pending.
- At 2:15 a.m., While on patrol, Officer Steven D’Ambola observed a 2007 Honda, Accord traveling down the middle of the road on Raritan Road. Officer D’Ambola followed the vehicle and stopped it on the 136 northbound ramp of the Garden State Parkway. After a brief on scene investigation Officer D’Ambola arrested and charged the driver, Maria Rosa, 35, of Lyndhurst, for driving while intoxicated, possession of under 50 grams of marijuana, possession of CDS paraphernalia, and possession of CDS in a motor vehicle. Rosa was also issued a motor vehicle summons for failure to keep right. Rosa was released with Municipal Court proceedings pending.