With its high ceilings, modern red and black decor and upbeat staff, you'd never know that Cutting Crew, located at 18 North Union Ave. in downtown Cranford is one of the oldest hair salons in the township.
"The salon has been here for more than 30 years," said Wendy Stanko, the manager of Cutting Crew.
The owner, Jonathan Shaw, has been helping residents of the Cranford area look their best for decades. But the salon doesn't just cater to longtime customers. On the contrary, the sylists who work at Cutting Crew handle, haircuts, color and keratin treatments for women, men and children ranging in age from toddler to senior citizen.
According to Stanko, the salon is open seven days a week. A year ago, Cutting Crew established hours from 10 a.m. o 3 p.m. on Sundays. On Thursdays and Fridays from 5 to 8 p.m., they offer a "happy hour" special that includes a $12 wash and cut. In addition, the salon offers services such as facial waxing and keratin treatments.
The following local salons were also featured in this week's Reader's Choice:
- Carlito's Barber Shop 1 (2%)
- Cranford Barber Shop 2 (4%)
- Cranford Hair Company 0 (0%)
- Cutting Crew 11 (22%)
- The Gifted Cutters Hair Salon 1 (2%)
- It's All About 'Me' 1 (2%)
- J.C. & Crew Hair Cutters 0 (0%)
- Jack & Jill 0 (0%)
- Lola Salon 1 (2%)
- Nicole Michelle Hair Spa 2 (4%)
- The Porch Hair & Nail Salon 4 (8%)
- Salon 117 7 (14%)
- Salon Villa Roch 0 (0%)
- Sofi's Colour Lounge 3 (6%)
- Strands Hair Salon 0 (0%)
- Styles Street For Hair 1 (2%)
- Suite Salon & Spa 1 (2%)
- Supercuts 2 (4%)
- The Mane Event 10 (20%)
- Vertyx Hair Salon 1 (2%)
Total votes: 48