'Tis The Season For Seasonal Flu Vaccinations
Westfield Regional Health Department is hosting clinics this week in Westfield, Mountainside for those who want a flu shot.
The Westfield Regional Health Department has scheduled seasonal Flu Inoculation Programs, open only to residents of Cranford, Fanwood, Garwood, Mountainside, New Providence, Roselle Park, Springfield, Summit and Westfield.
Proof of residency may be required. Participants will be taken on a first come/first serve basis. There will be a $10 charge for all non-Medicare participants.
While other dates will be scheduled, two clinics are coming up this week:
Wednesday, Sept. 19, Westfield Municipal Building, 425 East Broad St., (Court Room), 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 20, Mountainside Municipal Building, 1385 Rt. 22 East, (Court Room), to p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Anyone that is Medicare Part B eligible must please bring their card to the program.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) now recommends all individuals 6 months and older receive seasonal influenza vaccine (i.e., the flu shot) especially:
• persons aged 65 years and older, with and without chronic health conditions
• residents of long-term care facilities
• persons aged 2–64 years with chronic health conditions
• children aged 6 months or older, who attend any licensed child care center or pre-school activity
• pregnant women
• health-care personnel who provide direct patient care
• household contacts and out-of-home caregivers of children aged <6 months
For additional information, please contact the Westfield Health Department at (908) 789-4070.