Westfield Regional Health Department Offers Seasonal Flu Clinics
Clinics are available to residents of Cranford, Fanwood, Garwood, Mountainside, New Providence, Roselle Park, Springfield, Summit and Westfield.
Please be advised that the Westfield Regional Health Department has scheduled the following dates for seasonal Flu Inoculation Programs.
These programs are open only to residents of Cranford, Fanwood, Garwood, Mountainside, New Providence, Roselle Park, Springfield, Summit and Westfield. Proof of residency may be required. Participants will be taken on a first come/first serve basis. There will be a $10 charge for all non-Medicare participants.
**Please be advised, additional dates will be scheduled, with one clinic in each of our communities.***
Friday, September 14, 2012 Westfield Municipal Building (Community Room)
***Senior Flu Clinic for residents age 65 and older- “High Dose” Flu to be given***
(10 a.m.– 11a.m.) 425 East Broad Street, Westfield, NJ 07090
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 Westfield Municipal Building
(6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.) 425 East Broad Street, Westfield, NJ (Court Room)
Thursday, September 20, 2012 Mountainside Municipal Building
(6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.) 1385 Rt. #22 East, Mountainside, NJ (Court Room)
Anyone that is Medicare Part B eligible must please bring their card to the program
CDC now recommends all individuals 6 months and older receive seasonal influenza vaccine (i.e., the flu shot) especially:
- persons aged 65 years and older, with and without chronic health conditions
- residents of long-term care facilities
- persons aged 2–64 years with chronic health conditions
- children aged 6 months or older, who attend any licensed child care center or pre-school activity
- pregnant women
- health-care personnel who provide direct patient care
- household contacts and out-of-home caregivers of children aged <6 months
For additional information, contact the Westfield Health Department at (908) 789-4070.