Invite a friend
Lunchtime Film Series - Woody Allen: A Retrospective, Springfield Library
The Springfield Free Public Library will begin a new lunchtime film series, "WOODY ALLEN: A RETROSPECTIVE" on Monday, June 11, 2012 at 1 pm. The series will continue every other Monday through August 20, 2012.
A new series, "FILMS OF THE 1930s," will begin on Monday, September 10th. For specific titles and more information about the films, see the Library's website (www.sfplnj.org) or call us at (973)376-4930.
Admission is free. Patrons can bring a brown bag lunch to the program - coffee, tea and cookies will be served at 12:30 pm. Assistive listening devices are available upon request. The Springfield Free Public Library is located at 66 Mountain Ave., Springfield, NJ 07081.
Funding for the film program is made possible in part by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, Department of State, a partner agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, through a grant adminstered by the Union County Office of Cultural and Heritage Affairs, and by the Friends of the Springfield Public Library.
More About Springfield Free Public Library
The Springfield Free Public Library offers reference books, fiction and non-fiction books, books on tape, magazines, periodicals, online resources, various adult and children's classes and more. The single floor library is broken down into the main library, a multi-purpose room, a video and music rental area, two small quiet rooms, a youth room and a small art museum.
While the library was established in 1931 by the Springfield parent-teacher association, the present-day building the library occupies was erected in 1969.
Other events here
- Let's Play Chess April 29, 2013 / May 6, 2013 / May 13, 2013 / May 20, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Mother Goose Group at the Library May 3, 2013 / May 7, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 14, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 29, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Wii games at the library Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Chair Yoga with Pamela Nixon Weekly on Fridays, 12:30 pm–1:30 pm
- Storycraft at the Library Weekly on Fridays, 4:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Lunchtime Film Series Tue, May 28, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Yoga Storytime May 10, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / May 31, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- 23-year-old Springfield Native To Talk About College Admissions at the Springfield Public Library Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm
- Renewed Church Monthly, 1:30 pm–4:00 pm
- New Traveling Exhibition Tells the Story of Abraham Lincoln’s Struggle to Meet the Constitutional Challenges of the Civil War Daily,