Invite a friend
Musical Tribute to Les Paul & Mary Ford, Starring Tom Doyle & Sandy Cory
Les Paul and his wife, Mary Ford, recorded a string of pop hits in the early 1950s. A renowned jazz guitarist, Paul was also a pioneer in multi-track recording, solid-body guitar design, and electronic effects devices. Tom Doyle is a highly accomplished guitarist in his own right. He began his musical career in a duo with his sister. They performed at the Bitter End in New York City and opened for such artists as Richie Havens, the Lovin’ Spoonful and the Butterfield Blues Band. Les Paul, impressed by Doyle’s musical talent and technical know-how, hired him as his sound engineer, a position that Doyle held for 40 years. In 1970 Doyle also began a business making, repairing and modifying guitars. He has customized, repaired and modified guitars for George Benson, Sting, Bucky Pizzarelli, Al Di Meola, and Jimmy Page, among others. Along the way, Doyle met Sandy Cory, a guitar student and singer, and Doyle and Cory began to perform together. Like Paul and Ford, they are a husband and wife team. Since the passing of Les Paul, they are the opening act for the Les Paul Tribute at New York City’s Iridium on Monday nights. The program is sponsored by the Friends of the Cranford Public Library.
More About Cranford Community Center
Cranford Community Center is open to all residents of Cranford. It offers a game room with pool tables, ping-pong tables, an air hockey table, a foosball table, as well as a space to play basketball and a lounge with TVs and vending machines.
Residents can use the facilities after showing a Cranford High School ID card, driver's license or a current utility bill to prove their Cranford residency. The community center is also home to a vast schedule of sports and activities for children, teens and adults.
Other events here
- Smarty Cats Scientist Ages 4- 10 April 24, 2013 / May 1, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / May 15, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / May 29, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 12, 2013, 4:30 pm–6:15 pm
- Cranford PAL Cheerleading In Person Registration Tomorrow, May 22, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- A History of the Jersey Shore Tomorrow, May 22, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Cranford Recreation's Golf For Juniors May 2, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / May 16, 2013 / May 23, 2013 / May 30, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 13, 2013 / June 20, 2013, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Fashionably Chic Grades 1-8 April 25, 2013 / May 2, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / May 16, 2013 / May 23, 2013 / May 30, 2013 / June 6, 2013 / June 13, 2013, 5:30 pm–6:15 pm
- Cranford Historic Preservation Advisory Board Thu, May 23, 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
- "Bach to Rock" - Electric Violinist Caryn Lin Wed, May 29, 7:30 pm
- Documentary: "First Position" (2011, 90 minutes) Mon, Jun 3, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Documentary Film: "First Position" (2011, 90 minutes) Mon, Jun 3, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm