Invite a friend
Prenatal Partner Yoga: Practice for Childbirth
Moms and birth partners, are you worried about how you’ll cope with labor? Have you already taken a childbirth education class and just wish you had an opportunity to practice what you’ve learned with your partner before the big day? Or maybe you haven’t taken a childbirth education class yet, and want some time to connect with one another and to be introduced to childbirth and labor coping techniques in a relaxing and enjoyable way.
One of the biggest predictors of a woman’s feeling about her birth experience is how well supported she felt throughout the process. A calm, prepared and well-supported mother will be more likely to recollect her birth experience in a positive way, reducing the risk of post-partum depression and increasing her confidence as she makes the transition into motherhood. Let the practice of partner yoga in preparation for childbirth help you gain knowledge and actual practice with non-verbal cues and ways of communicating during labor.
Join this partner yoga workshop and learn:
- Brief discussion of the natural birthing process and creating the right environment for childbirth
- Relaxation practice to relieve anxiety during childbirth preparation or labor
- Yoga breathing techniques to facilitate the natural birth process
- Hands-on partner stretches and supported positions for relaxation and labor
- Practical tips for the partners on your changing role through each stage of labor
- Receive supplementary materials to assist in preparation for and to reference during labor
- Refreshments will be served at the end to enjoy during Q&A and discussion!
***No prior yoga experience necessary!***
More About Alluem Yoga
Alluem Yoga is located in the beautiful William-Droescher Mill. Built in 1737, the mill is the oldest standing building in Cranford. Just a few of the offered services include chair yoga, rock yoga and restorative yoga.