Invite a friend
Temple Sholom Invites Young Families to Pray & Play
On Saturday, August 11, Temple Sholom of Fanwood/Scotch Plains invites families with children ages four and under to a Shabbat Pray & Play featuring music, maracas, puppets and parachutes. The monthly 30-minute interactive service begins at 10 am and will be followed by a free bagel brunch in the playroom. Older siblings are welcome. Meet our new cantor, Darcie Sharlein, at this free interactive Shabbat program!
“This isn’t your ordinary children’s service,” says Temple Sholom Director of Education Michelle Shapiro Abraham, who dreamt up the idea for an interactive Shabbat program when her own very active children were in pre-school. “It’s like where Shabbat meets Gymboree. The kids are encouraged to jump up, dance, sing and play along. Afterwards, everyone gets a chance to nosh and get to know one another over bagels.”
Temple Sholom is located in the Fanwood Presbyterian Church at the corner of Martine and LaGrande Avenues in Fanwood, NJ. Meet in the chapel around the corner, off Marian Avenue. Please enter through the door on Marian marked Temple Sholom. For more information, please call 908-889-4900, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sholomnj.org.
About Temple Sholom
Founded in 1913, Temple Sholom is a Reform Jewish Congregation led by Rabbi Joel N. Abraham. The Temple and its religious school is home to about 250 families from the greater Scotch Plains-Fanwood area. Currently residing within the Fanwood Presbyterian Church, the Temple has purchased five acres of land in Scotch Plains for its future home. Temple Sholom is a member of the Union for Reform Judaism. For more information about the Temple or joining the congregation, please call 908- 889-4900,
e-mail email@example.com, or visit www.sholomnj.org.
More About Temple Sholom
Temple Sholom, a reform congregation founded in 1913, offers weekly services, educational classes for children and adults, sisterhood events and a range of committees. The Temple shares the same building as Fanwood Presbyterian Church.