The countdown is on. Cranford schools begin on Sept. 9, which is less than a month away.
Check out the 2013-2014 calendar, here.
What could be the worst part of heading back to school? Is it not getting to sleep in? Having to schlep the younger ones around to their activities? Maybe you are ready to throw a party to finally have them out of your hair. We want to know!
We asked Cranford residents on Facebook what
they felt the worst part of back to school was and here are some of the answers
they gave us:
“Making Lunches!” Dawn Salamone Beresford said.
Jennifer Darrow-Marchese expressed her discontent with the parking in front of
the high school and also the idea that the schools need uniforms so students
are not bullied for not having “cool clothes.”
- Susana Alemida Carvalho agreed with Darrow-Marchese. “Arguing with my oldest son about what isn't cool to wear.
Uniforms , please! FT Kindergarten would be nice also. Save us a lot of money,”
- No full-time kindergarten was also an issue for Karen Schmidt Lledo.
- “I can’t believe our wonderful town does such a disservice to our children by
keeping half-day kindergarten,” she expressed.
Marybeth said, “The cost of school
supplies. Between the supply list and new shoes... we don't even bother with
new school clothes... we can't get away with under $500”
- “Remembering to give lunch money daily,” Nikkie Santiago said.
- “Daycare!!” Valerie Knight exclaimed. “If you’re lucky to get in by the
registration date your set but If you wait… you will be on waiting lists!”
Lastly, Elizabeth Medes-Zamorski commented on the construction on Hillside Avenue and Centennial Avenue. However, according to Township Administrator Joe Hartnett this should be completed by the start of school.
Do you agree? What do you think is the worst part of heading back to school?