.

Freezer Malfunction Leads To Small Fire In Cranford Home

A small blaze erupted in the garage of a Richmond Street house on Nov. 26.

A malfunctioning freezer led to a small blaze in the garage of a Richmond Avenue house Monday evening.

Cranford Firefighters were called to the residential area at approximately 7:55 p.m. following reports of a fire in the attached garage of a home at the end of Richmond Street, just off Riverside Drive.

According to Fire Chief Leonard Dolan, a malfunctioning freezer started the blaze, which spread to other areas of the garage.

"The fire extended to some of the contents of the garage," Dolan said as fire crews prepared to clear the scene Monday night.

Arriving units, Dolan said, quickly extinguished the fire and then began ventilating the smoke from the garage and the house.

"We also checked to make sure there was no extension of the fire to the house itself," Dolan said.

The house was not damaged and no injuries were reported.

Christine Stolte November 27, 2012 at 04:07 AM
Is this supposed to be NOVEMBER 26th? The only mention of the date says "September," but logic dictates it wouldn't be breaking news from two months ago.... I'm noticing more editing snafu's lately that make comprehension difficult.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »