Gov. Christie is ready for his big moment and so are members of the NJ News Commons. Immediately following the governor's keynote address, expected to begin at about 10:30 p.m., the panel for the commons' first live Google Plus Hangout on Air, will discuss the speech and its impact on the convention and the campaign.
Joining the discussion will be:
- John Celock, the state politics reporter and Patch liaison for The Huffington Post. He is based in Washington, and is the author of "The Next Generation: Young Elected Officials and Their Impact on American Politics."
- Ryan Dicovitsky, an adjunct professor of public speaking at Seton Hall and head coach of Seton Hall's debate team.
- Debbie Galant, the director of the NJ News Commons, founder and former co-editor of Baristanet and former Jersey columnist for The New York Times.
- Steve Johnson, a multimedia journalism professor at Montclair State, who has worked at Patch, the AP, MSNBC and Court TV.
- John Mooney, a founding editor of NJ Spotlight and a veteran of both the Star Ledger and the Bergen Record.
- Fred Tuccillo, the Patch senior regional editor for Central Jersey and the Shore, and a former national editor for Newsday, where he directed coverage of several conventions.
- Julie Winokur, independent documentary producer and the founder of Bring it to the Table, a Kickstarter-funded initiative to foster civility in political dialogue.