.

Columbia HS Evacuated Briefly; Students Now Back in Class

The Maplewood Fire Department was on scene

Columbia High School was evacuated briefly on Thursday, due to "the improper use of an extension cord in one of our conference rooms," according to an email released by principal Dr. Lovie Lilly.

According to Lilly: 

Today, Columbia High School was evacuated at approximately 7:45AM due to the improper use of an extension cord in one of our conference rooms.  Students and staff were safely evacuated while the fire department investigated.

The danger was averted, and the Maplewood Fire Department deemed it safe for our return at approximately 8:00AM.  We have resumed our instructional schedule for the day.

 As always, student safety remains a top priority in our district.  We are grateful to the Maplewood Fire Department for their quick response and assistance. 

 

Thank you!

dr jay November 15, 2012 at 06:20 PM
"Improper use of an extension cord" in one room requires evacuating the whole school? How about, just unplug the extension cord?

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »