In press releases from many colleges, we have learned of local students who have recently graduated or received honors:
- Anthony Maddaloni and Rebecca Roman have received the 2012 Bagataway Awards. Each will receive a $1,000 college scholarship. Both were chosen from 2,000 nominees.
- Christopher Pilger received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration during the commencement ceremony at Saint Joseph's University.
- Kristen Marie Labbate has been named to the Spring 2012 Dean's List for University of Rhode Island. To be included on the Dean's List, students must have completed 12 or more credits during a semester for letter grades with at least a 3.30 quality point average. Part-time students qualify with the accumulation of 12 credits with a 3.30 quality point average.
- Robert Hopkins received a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in photography from Syracuse University on May 13. He was then the official photographer for the Paint the Town event last week in Cranford.
- Lindsay Preucil has been named to the Gettysburg College Dean's List for the Spring 2012 semester. Students with a quality point average of 3.60 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) for a semester's work are placed on the College's Dean's Honor List.
- Christopher Campbell and Timothy Krauter received a Bachelor of Science degree from Centenary College at the commencement on May 12, 2012.
- Corinne Laudati and Elyse Piacentini have both been named to the Dean’s List for Quinnipiac University for the Spring 2012 semester. To qualify for the dean's list, a student must earn a grade point average of at least 3.5 with no grade lower than C.
- Sarah Dowzycki, sophomore; Ara Froehlich, freshman; Michael Gaeta, junior; Andreas Panagakos, freshman; have all been named to the Dean’s List at Scranton University for the Spring 2012 semester.
Congratulations to all of the graduates and students on their recent accomplishments!
If you know of a student who has been awarded a degree, scholarship, named to their school's dean's list or any other noteworthy achievement, email Local Editor Toniann Antonelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.