A Toute Heure is a charming bistro located on Centennial Avenue. For lunch, the restaurant offers sandwiches, salads, soups, chili and desserts. Lunch can be ordered or picked up from the "Lunch Box Window" located on the side of the building. For dinner, the bistro serves up a variety of dishes such as marinated and grilled pork loin, fresh Long Island swordfish steak, steak frites, New Jersey sea scallops and mussel pots with seasonal flavors.
A Toute Heure is proud to support its local farmers by using ingredients that are locally grown or raised. Most items on the menu specify where the food was raised or grown, for example: boneless, brined "brick" roast 1/2 chicken (Murray's free-range chicken from New York) with Dreyer Farm's roast nugget potatoes, and sauteed Kernan Farm's green and wax beans. The friendly and accessible executive chef will happily answer any questions about specific dishes.
The cozy bistro is light and airy with large windows lining the wall facing Centennial Avenue. The tables are arranged to fit in a good-sized crowd, but without making patrons feel over-crowded. Soft French music playing overhead further sets the mood of the restaurant.
- Hours: Lunch: Tue - Sat, 11:30 am - 1:30 pm Dinner: Tue - Sat, 5pm - 10pm "Last Sunday" Brunch: Sunday, 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped accessible ramp to front door, and facilities.
- Founding Date: May 2007
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Local sourcing bistro serving lunch, dinner and once-a-month brunch in Cranford!
- Food & dining options: Natural, Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Take-out
- Menu link: www.atouteheure.com
- Specialties: locally sourced, seasonal cuisine
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- What makes this community special?: The committment of the individuals from all over Cranford to help revitalize the "Centennial Village" from new sidewalks and lamps, to supporting new businesses has been a great experience and we are honored to be a part of it!
- Cuisine: American, Bistro, French, Spanish
- Signature dishes: Tuesday night mussel pots, fresh seafood straight from Fulton Fish Market, amazingly creative dishes with local produce, meat and goods!
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: The Tuesday night mussel pots... The amazingly tender steak frites... The winter slow braised pot pie... The summer salads....
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Suggested
- Executive chef: Kara Decker
- Number of tables: 12
- Features: BYOB-only, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Fine dining
- Dress code: Smart casual