A new addition to Cranford's downtown, Avenue East is a trendy Asian fusion restaurant. It takes pride in offering delicious food that is heart healthy. It even lists on its menu some of the ways it has achieved this, including a lack of MSG, using 100 percent cholesterol-free canola oil with zero trans fat and using 100 percent white meat chicken. Avenue East is a large restaurant with leather seats, shiny wood tables and subtle lights coming down from the ceiling.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 10pm; Fri, 11am - 10:30pm; Sat, 11:30am - 10:30pm; Sun, 11:30am - 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at street level.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Kung pao chicken, shrimp with lobster sauce, pineapple fried rice, crispy squid, orange chicken, spider roll
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Sugar-free, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese, Japanese / Sushi
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 30
- Features: Catering, Dinner, Group-friendly
- Atmosphere: Elegant, Quiet, Romantic
- Dress code: Smart casual