The Cranford Public Library offers more than 150,000 items for use by the public. Items include books for adults, children and teens, an extensive large print collection, books-on-tape, books-on-CD, digital audiobooks, downloadable audiobooks, newspapers, magazines, DVDs, CDs, museum passes, e-book readers, online reference databases, book club kits, and more.
Internet access, including Wi-Fi access, are available. Services provided by the library include interlibrary loan, fax, notary public, photocopiers, postage stamps for sale at cost, and delivery to the homebound. Also available are two word processing computers, a typewriter, and a video magnifier for the visually impaired.
The library belongs to MURAL, a cooperative system that permits Cranford Public Library card holders to borrow directly from 41 public libraries in Union and Middlesex counties. Anyone who lives, works full-time, or attends school full-time in Cranford, is eligible for a Cranford Public Library card. Come and take advantage of your resources!
- Fax: 908-709-1658
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 10 am - 8 pm; Thurs & Fri, 10 am - 5 pm; Sat, 10 am - 4 pm; Sun, closed.Closed Saturday in the summer.
- Handicap Accessible: Front entrance is wheelchair accessible. All floors are wheelchair accessible.
- What makes this community special?: "Cranford is a very neighborly town with an extremely high rate of volunteerism. It has a great school system and an attractive downtown area. It's a great place to live, work and grow up in."--John Malar, Director, Cranford Public Library
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Size of collection: 125,000
- Specialties: Cranford Archive, an online historical archive consisting of digital copies of local newspapers, yearbooks and city directories.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: Free for all; one hour increments.
- Programs/classes: The library hosts programs for children, teens, seniors and everyone in between.
- Book donation information: Donations are accepted. Textbooks, National Geographics, multivolume sets, manuals, dirty, damaged, or moldy books will not be accepted.
- Wi-Fi: Free